Saturday 6 August 2011

At the Seaside

Good afternoon, or is it evening, I hope you're all having a great weekend.  I've just got back from watching my eldest son performing at a charity event in the local park  He sings and plays guitar in a group called Talking to Amy, it's quite a challenge playing in the open but they were brilliant.

It's my Dad's 85th birthday tomorrow and this is one of the cards I've made for my sons to give him.   It's always quite a challenge making cards for men and making cards for older men is even more difficult, I always feel you can't add very much in the way of embellishments.

The image is 'Sailing Boat' from Joanna Sheen's Fay Whitaker All Our Yesterdays collection.  I coloured it with ProMarkers and attempted to do the sky following a tutorial on Bev Rochester's blog, such a talented lady.  I think I got a bit carried away with the clouds, but it was my first attempt and practice does make perfect, or so they say.


I added a little raffia and some corrugated corners with buttons, then finished off with a couple of stamped sentiments from LOTV.

As usual I have decorated the inside of my card to complement the front.


Image: Joanna Sheen All Our Yesterdays - Sailing Boat 
Papers: NitWit - In the Meadow
Embellishments:  corrugated card, buttons and raffia from my stash
Sentiment:  LOTV
 
I hope my Dad likes it.
 
I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:
 
Stamps R Us Challenge  - Happy Birthday
CES Challenge 48 - Water It
Try it on Tuesday - From the Beach
 
Thank you for looking, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

 
Pauline
x
 
 
 
 

14 comments:

Claire said...

Lovely card Pauline. Hugs, Claire x

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card

Vicky said...

Such a gorgeous card hun..!

thanks for joining us at tpc...and good luck..!

hugs Vicky xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Ahhh this is gorgeous Pauling. Love the image and all the details.
Diane :-) xx

nnalorac said...

Pauline , just love your card, gorgeous colours and lovely vintage image. Thanks for joining our challenge this month nnalorac.xx

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is a wonderful card!! Your clouds are perfect especially with this image. Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us.

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous. I love the colours and the images are so cute :)

Jani said...

Lovely beach card!
Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
Jani x

PatR said...

Gorgeous card. The colours and image are just perfect. Thanks for sharing it with us at Try it on Tuesday. xx

Unknown said...

Wonderful card for our Beach theme - thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday - Janet

Jennifer said...

So gorgeous! Lovely vintage feel. Thanks so much for joining in with our water challenge at CES! xx Jenny xx

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful Pauline! I love your clouds and your colouring is fabulous!

Thanks for joining us at CFAS this week :)
Lizy DT x

Lisa Jane said...

aww what a cute little image and love the clouds
Thanks for joining us at BTC&G this month for our sea themed challenge
Lisa x

Kate said...

Beautiful card, love the way the clouds turned out. Thanks for sharing it with us at By The Cute And Girly this month.

** Kate **