Monday 22 August 2011

Paul Texting

This is the second card I made for my 15 year old sons friend, I wanted to give him a choice.  This time I used another Mo Manning image - Paul Texting and coloured him using a combination of ProMarkers and Spectrum Noir Pens.  I have to say I think this is my favourite of the two but my son chose 'Air Guitar'.


I followed the sketch over at Sketch Saturday and made this one quite a bit brighter than the last one.  I used some My Mind's Eye papers I've had hanging around for a while and used Kraft for the base again.  Some texture was added with corrugated card and raffia.  The buttons were from my stash and the sentiment tag is cut down from my Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio Three and stamped with a LOTV sentiment.  Full details of everything I have used are detailed below.

As usual I have decorated the inside of my card to complement the front.



Image: Mo Manning - Paul Texting
Papers:  My Mind's Eye - Abbey Road
Tools:  Spellbinders Classic Squares (inside card), Ribbon Tag Trio Three
Embellishments: buttons and raffia from stash
Sentiment:  LOTV

I would  like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Sketch Saturday Week 169
Paper Sundaes Challenge 83 - Sundae Bar (Green, buttons, banners and/or twine)
Ellephantastic August Challenge - Add some layers
My time to Craft Challenge 153 - G is for GREEN
One Stop Craft Challenge Week 145 - Bold and Bright

There is a great sketch challenge going on over at the Willow Sketchie Challenge Blog why don't you pop over and have a go at this weeks challenge, you never know you might win a lovely prize.

Thank you for looking, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Pauline
x

12 comments:

Jan said...

I love this image, love your card Pauline. I must use my image of Paul, had it months! xx Jan

Carol said...

Another fab teen card Pauline, love it. Carol x

Jill said...

Really great card for a teenage boy! Love the colours you have used! Thanks for joining in at Ellephantastic. Jill

Claire said...

Love this one Pauline and what a great image! Love the colour combo too. Hugs, Claire x

Helen Laurence said...

What a great creation with fabulous use of layers for our add some layers challenge. Thank you for joining Ellephantastic this month.
Good luck
Helen x

Lesley said...

Great man's card, fab colours too. Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

scrapperjulia said...

Love this boy and the colors work so well together! THanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

Fiona said...

wow this is lovely, perfect for a teenager!!

Thanks for joining us at paper sundaes this week.

Fi
x

Amanda R said...

Love the corrugated paper, really nice masculine touch. Thanks for joining in this week at Paper Sundaes!

SemSee said...

Fabulous! Love that image! Thank you for joining us at challenge #169 at Sketch Saturday! Hugs, Sem x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card...great image and the the colours...Joolsx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card...great image and the the colours...Joolsx