Thursday 25 August 2011

Willow Sketchie Challenge

Good morning everyone, it's my turn to host the challenge at Willow Sketchie this week.  This is the sketch that I have designed.


You can use anything from your crafty stash and it's OK to rotate the sketch or re-size the elements as long as the original sketch layout can be recognised.

This week the Design Team all used the 'Dear Santa' image which is available from the Willow Designs Shop and this is my card.


I decided to try something a bit different and went for a black and white colour scheme, I just added the smallest bit of red.  The backing paper is from my Bearly Mine Designs CD and I embossed some black card stock using a Darice Embossing Folder.  To finish the card I added some red gems and stamped a sentiment.  Full details of everything I have used are listed below.

I have decorated the inside of my card to complement the front.



Image:  Willow Designs - Dear Santa
Papers: Bearly Mine Designs
Tools:  Spellbinders - Classic Squares (inside card)
Embellishments:  gems from stash
Sentiment: Crafter's Companion - The Snowman

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges

Whimsy Stamps Challenge 3 - Anything Goes with a Sentiment
Hooked on Craft Challenges 6 - Things with Wings
Marks Finest Papers Challenge Week 69 - Emboss It
Crafty Anne's Challenge 47 -Scallops and/or Fancy Borders
Just Some Lines - Embossing
   
Don't forget to pop over to the Willow Sketchie Challenge Blog and see what the other DT members have created.  Do have a go at this weeks challenge, you never know you might win a lovely prize.  Also take a look in the Willow Designs Shop, everything is FREE P&P.

Thank you for looking, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Pauline
x

16 comments:

Claire said...

Hi Pauline, loved working with your sketch and your card is fab too - love the monocrome look - really makes the image stand out. Hugs, Claire x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab card hun, the mono look is great!
Loved your sketch!
Hugs Shell xx

Jan said...

A great sketch Pauline & I love your card xx Jan

Carol Hurlock said...

How fun and adorable your card is. I love how wonderful the die cut edges look. Just awesome. Thank you so much for playing along in Speedy the Cat's Challenge. It is a pleasure to come and visit and see your work. Hope you can play again with us next week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Sue B said...

Hi Pauline,

Wow! Love your sketch! and your card is gorgeous! I love owls and this one is adorable - and great sentiment! Beautiful paper and love the embossing!
Would love to use this sketch and if I get time will definitely enter the challenge at Willow Sketchie. Not got this Challenge Blog on my list - so will add!! :-))

Hugs Sue xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is so striking with the black and white theme, Love it Well Done on hosting for the first time, HAzelxoxo

Rosietoes said...

Cracking card Pauline. Love that image and black and white is so striking. :)

Edna x

katesacraftybugger said...

I really love this one , the black and white is stunning and a fab sketch too -Kate x

Winnie and Patty said...

What a cool Christmas card! Love it in black & white! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

Carol said...

Love this Pauline, it looks fab in black and white, Loved your sketch too. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time and I hope we see you again soon. Carol DT x

Jenn Borjeson said...

What a fun card! Thanks for joining our embossing challenge at Just Some Lines! :)

Bianca said...

Hi Pauline,
your card is so very pritty! I love the baggroundpapers and the little red colour you have add! I wish I could find my christmas inspiration now but it´s impossible for me in the summer heat.
Paulin you ask for the tudorial for making a stationary box. Sorry I forgot to link my project direktly to the tudorial on youtube. So here I have the link for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnMaAvARpTs&feature=related

xx
Bianca

Melodie said...

Wow, such a fantastic card with great colours. And the image is really cute.
Thank you so much for the nice comment on my blog.
Hugs
Melodie

Ann Whitfield said...

Absolutely fabulous Pauline! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Oooh, very lovely creation, love how you used the black and white with the splash of red. Very elegant and effective! Thanks so much for joining our embossing challenge at JUST SOME LINES:)

Karen said...

Gorgeous image and lovely layout. Thanks for joining us at Hookedoncraft challenges this week.