Monday 6 August 2012

Golden Hibiscus

I recently had the great pleasure of being asked to guest design for Ooh La La Creations for the month of August - how exciting is that!   The theme of my first challenge is 'Oriental', make sure you pop over to the Ooh La La Creations Challenge Blog where you will find lots of great inspiration and full details of the challenge.

I chose the gorgeous image 'Golden Hibiscus' from the Carnival of Colour CD, I decided to use this image because the Hibiscus flower is strongly associated with oriental culture, this is my card:


I used the Off Centre Pyramid Decoupage image and used one of the matching papers for the smaller panel.  The crackle paper is from the Ooh La La Creations Shoes in Bloom CD and I have used Core'dinations card stock.


I coloured some white seam binding and card candy with a Buttercup ProMarker to match the flower, I didn't over embellish my card because I wanted the focus to be on the beautiful image.

This inside of my card has been decorated to complement the front:


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge 87 - Butterflies and/or Bows
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge 82 - Focus on the Ribbon
Digi Doodle Shop Challenge 119 - Ribbons and Bows
Moving along with the Times Challenge 157 - Summer
Hiding in my Craft Room Challenge 57 - Colour Challenge (Sunset, Olive, Crystal Blue)
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge 172 - Inspiration cupcake




Make sure you  pop over to the Ooh La La Creations Challenge Blog where you will find lots of great inspiration and full details of the challenge.

Thank you for joining me this morning, I have a very busy day today, one DT card and two GDT cards, I couldn't believe it when I was asked to guest design for two different teams on the same day!

Pauline
x

20 comments:

Claire said...

What a beautiful pyramage card hun, love the sunny image. Thanks for playing along with MAWTT this fortnight. Hugs, Claire x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Pauline. I love the image and the way you have added the ribbon looks beautiful

Sue

kelly ledder said...

Gorgeous card reminds me of all the lovely pink ones in a garden path when we went to the Maldives x

Rosietoes said...

congrats on your GDT spot Pauline. This has to be my most favourite image from the Carnival of Colours CD. Beautiful card, beautiful lo.

Edna x

Victoria said...

Lovely decoupage - having it off centre transforms the whole design.

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is gorgeous Pauline! what a beautiful flower image and the pyramage looks wonderful !! Love the gorgeous paper and the way you've done the ribbon… it's a fab layout and this card really does remind me of Summer! :-)
Big Congrats on your GDT Spot!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for my 'Summer' theme and Good Luck in the Challenge!
Big Hugs Sue xx

Michelle J M said...

Ooh, I really like Ooh La La cd's! This is stunning, I just love the way you have done those two bows, fabulous. Congrats on your DT appointment for this one and for the one above, they are very well deserved. Michelle x

Tina said...

Beautiful image, such lovely colors...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

coldwaters2 said...

Congratulations on your GDT Pauline you are in demand and I am not surprised your work is always top notch this one is extremely beautiful, I love that image you have chosen the design is pure perfection
Hugs
Lorraine x

Annette said...

Gorgeous layered card, and love those cute little bows.

Annette - Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
xx

Unknown said...

Hi Pauline, gorgeous card - love that image - beautiful colours as well.

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

Sarah

Aunty Sue said...

Such a beautiful card and thanks for sharing at Creative this week

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Pauline. I adore the image and the depth. Those bows are gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges this time and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Caz said...

Hi

This is gorgeous, thanx for joining us at Penny's PaperCrafty, and good luck.

Caz xx PPC DT

Jenz Bitz 'n' Bobs said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, fab card layout and bow. Lovely colours. Thanks for joining in with this weeks Challenge at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges. Jenny x

Mau xx said...

This is so pretty Pauline, Your work is beautiful. I love the summery feel it gives.
Thanks for taking part in the challenge at MAWTT
Hugs Mau xx

Bettina L. said...

This is absolutely beautiful Pauline. Love the layered teqnique you've used on the image to make it pop and those gorgeous bows makes it over the top. Thanks for playing at Digi Doodle Shop Challenge and Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back thursday and tuesday for some new challenges. Hugs Bettina xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is great Pauline. I love the flowers on the card they are stunning. Thanks for playing on MAWTT this fortnight, Hazelxo

Jenscrapstoo said...

Really beautiful card, Love the layers!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

An'Jenic G. said...

Wow I love the layers. Very Pretty Card! Thanks for sharing and joining us at HIMCR DT AJ!